Have we sparked your
interest in a new home?


Would you like to get more detailed information?

No questions should go unanswered – here you will find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Our team of consultants is also available to answer any questions you may have.


Technical Questions

A decisive factor guaranteeing quality is our service: Everything from a single source means that Glorit, as a general contractor, is in charge of organising every aspect of the construction, from individual consultation and planning to completion, as well as obtaining the necessary permits and coordinating the various contractors. The expertise of our employees and partners is guaranteed by their many years of experience in building houses and apartments. Long-standing partnerships are the foundation for ensuring top building quality and reliability. Glorit has been recognised with numerous quality labels and standards, including:


  • The Golden Seal of Quality from Bauherrenhilfe
  • The Austrian Prefabricated House Association
  • The seal of quality from Holzforschung Austria
  • The Austria quality label
  • The Austria Certification of Conformity

And not forgetting another very important fact: Glorit’s more than 12,000 satisfied customers.


You can help determine, individually design and influence many features of your new home together with the architect, depending on the phase of construction. Our competent and qualified staff will be happy to advise you and look forward to meeting you in person.



The heating energy requirement (HWB) of a low-energy house may not exceed 100 kWh per m² per year. Glorit’s houses are well below this value. The following features are some of the criteria of a low-energy house:

  • Very good thermal insulation of the building envelope
  • Avoiding thermal bridges
  • Airtightness in line with norms
  • Thermal insulation glazing
  • Efficient housing technology

An energy performance certificate is issued for all Glorit houses and apartments and handed over when the contract is concluded. It can be compared with a car’s model certificate. An energy performance certificate contains information about the technical parameters of the house. Glorit’s focus on ensuring your new home has an optimised energy performance begins at the planning stage. This protects the environment and saves energy costs in the long term. The following key figures are shown on the energy performance certificate:

  • The energy rating indicates the thermal quality of your house’s building envelope. It shows how many kWh (kilowatt hours) are needed per square metre of space each year. If you know the price per kWh, you can easily calculate your annual energy costs.
  • The heating energy requirement refers to the expected amount of energy needed for heating. This depends on individual user behaviour, of course.
  • The climate data depends on the location of your house. Long-term average values are used to calculate how many days per year heating is required on average.
  • The heating load indicates the output your boiler should have. So that the available energy can be used optimally.
  • The transmission heat loss indicates how much energy is dispersed to the outside. Every house loses energy through its building envelope, such as windows, ceilings, etc.
  • The ventilation loss refers to the energy required to reheat the air indoors after airing.
  • Internal gains are the total amount of the heat given off by people and appliances inside the house.
  • The sun’s rays shining in through glazed surfaces also contributes to energy gains. This converted heat is defined with the value "solar gains".
  • The U-value describes the heat transfer per square metre between inside and outside.

Glorit houses are produced in accordance with ÖNORM B 2320. This standard states that a service life of at least 100 years can be expected if the building is properly maintained and used for its intended purpose. The oldest timber frame house in Germany has existed since 1596 and is located in Dirmstein. Wood is homely and durable.



With thinner walls, a timber frame construction achieves the same insulation values as solid build houses. In a single-family house with the same floor plan, the timber frame construction can create up to 10 m² more living space, enabling the available building land to be optimally utilised. Of course, Glorit also builds solid build houses on request.



Cement-based screed, as used by Glorit, offers better impact sound insulation, better mechanical stability and is more resistant to moisture than dry screed. Concrete screed is also ideally suited for underfloor heating, which is part of Glorit’s standard package of services. The concrete screed is laid in the basement as well as on the downstairs and upstairs floors.



The aluminium surface on the outside is capable of withstanding the elements and does not require any maintenance. The aluminium coating also makes it possible to use a wide range of UV-resistant colours. The high-quality wooden frame at the inside of the window creates an exclusive flair indoors. Wood conveys a much higher sense of living quality and stability than is the case for plastic. All windows are fitted with highly insulating triple glazing with a Ug-value of 0.6 W/m²K. Glorit’s partner Hrachowina has been producing quality windows for generations.



The special design means that any penetrating moisture can be safely removed via a rear ventilation level. The aluminium is corrosion-resistant and the roof is both durable and requires no maintenance. Glorit’s partner Kalzip delivers the highest level of quality.



We always hand over apartments that are turnkey. All you really need are your keys and your suitcase. Done. 

The cellar is already included as standard in our house projects – the only exception being in cases where groundwater levels make it inadvisable. 

The following services are included in the "Ready for finishing plus" version:

  • Handling all matters with the authorities
  • All connection services and fees (gas, water, electricity, sewer, telephone)
  • Heating with modern Stiebel Eltron air-water heat pump
  • Underfloor heating on all floors incl. cellar 
  • Cement screed on all floors to improve sound insulation
  • Wood/aluminium windows with triple insulating glazing from Austrian brand manufacturer
  • High-quality aluminium front door with a patented EVVA locking system
  • Interior carpenter-made wooden staircase
  • Walls and ceilings filled and painted (incl. cellar)
  • Garden terrace (without surfacing) and outside water connection
  • Garden fences, driveway and walkway paving (depending on planning)


The "turnkey" version means "ready to move in" and additionally includes:

  • Washroom fixtures and fittings from Villeroy & Boch and hansgrohe
  • Comfortable electric towel radiators in the bathroom
  • Interior doors (incl. cellar)
  • Tiles (incl. cellar)
  • Noble real wood parquet flooring
  • Entrance stairs with granite flooring
  • Garden terrace with granite or porcelain stoneware tile surfacing


The features used in a cellar built with prefabricated reinforced concrete depend on the desired design:

  • Ready for finishing plus: Cement screed, flush-mounted heating and electrical installations, and smooth wall and ceiling surfaces
  • Turnkey also includes: Walls and ceilings ready

The heating system used in our apartments depends on the project and the current state-of-the-art standard. 
For the respective heating system, please refer to the project description. 


We fit our houses with comfortable underfloor heating in all rooms, including the cellar, supplied by a modern and super-quiet air-source heat pump from Stiebel Eltron.  Conversely, in the summer you can cool rooms down by up to approx. 3°C with this system.


Alarm systems are the best way of securing your home against intrusion, along with mechanical safeguards such as locks, security bars, security doors and the like. An individual security concept can be created for you, if required. Glorit’s partner Liebert offers optimal security concepts using Visonic equipment.



Where necessary, air conditioning can improve comfort by lowering the temperature and humidity. Our partner Heinisch installs equipment from General (Fujitsu-Siemens), one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioning technology.



Legal Questions

When you purchase a property, you acquire both the land (and/or the building right) and the building itself from a single source. Glorit is a property developer and is subject to the Property Developer Contract Act [Bauträgervertragsgesetz, BTVG]. Under the Austrian Civil Code [Allgemeines Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, ABGB] property developers are required to provide a three-year warranty for defects (from the time of handover). For you, this means that for three years from the time you take possession of your home, any defects that come to light after this date and are due to faulty construction work must be fixed by Glorit.
Other benefits of buying directly from the developer are that there will be no VAT and no broker fees.



The Property Developer Contract Act is designed to protect the customer. Payments will only be released by a trustee once the specific milestone in the construction project has been reached. The customer will be entered in the land registry as soon as the purchase price has been secured. Section 10 of the Property Developer Contract Act stipulates that the agreed price is to be paid in instalments, "each of which becomes due only after completion of the construction stages specified in para. 2":


  • 10% when construction work begins following receipt of final planning permission
  • 30% on completion of the shell and the roof
  • 20% on completion of the basic installation work
  • 12% on completion of the façade and windows, including their glazing
  • 17% when the property is ready to be occupied or at the time of premature handover of the actual object of the contract, if so agreed
  • 11% upon completion of the entire project and handover of the apartment.


Generally speaking, payments can only be released by the trustee once it has been confirmed that a specific stage of construction has been reached. Confirmation of said progress is provided by the customer or a state-accredited civil engineer for construction. The trustee will only transfer the part payment to Glorit once they have received this confirmation. The trust account is secured by the Vienna Bar Association [Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien, RAK]. This system provides double safety for the customer.



Glorit already owns or has the right to build on the respective plots of land for all the projects on offer. This ensures the project can be realised securely and reliably. The land is handed over unencumbered. The trustee is responsible for ensuring the contract is carried out and the new owners are entered in the land registry.



In Austria, a building right is the right to erect a building on – or under the surface of – land belonging to a third party. It is regulated in the Building Law Act 1912 [Baurechtsgesetz, BauRG]. A building right is an inheritable and alienable right in rem. The term of a building right for Glorit projects is generally 60 or 100 years and can be extended with the consent of the landowner. The fee payable for the right is to be paid directly to the landowner.



It is generally possible to extend the building right and must be agreed directly with the landowner.



No. This is because the heir, the buyer etc. enters into the existing contractual relationship with all rights and obligations.



A building right is registered in the land registry as a separate building right entry and constitutes a right in rem (i.e. this right can be asserted against anyone). This enables you to become the owner of a house without acquiring the land on which it is built.

A Superädifikat is a building on another person’s land which, in the eyes of the legislator, is not intended to remain on the land permanently. Such a building is not entered in the land registry.



The following fees are payable:

  • 3.5% land transfer tax
  • 1.1% registration fee (land registry)
  • 1.5% contract preparation fee (excl. VAT)
  • Certification fees and cash expenses (individual)

It is necessary to have ownership of an apartment established both in the case of owner-owned land and building right land if there are more than two dwellings recorded in one land register entry number so that a buyer receives a fully comprehensive right concerning the residential property they have purchased. The land register shares are calculated by a civil engineer using utility values. This involves reconciling the ratio of the shares owned by the individual co-owners, something which is also relevant when it comes to sharing running costs or determining the voting rights of the individual apartment owners.



Under Austrian property law, an easement is a limited right in rem to use another person’s property. Examples include pathways, water and electrical lines or chimney sweep ladders that are on the property of one party but may be used by all parties.



People are generally permitted to erect a fence around their properties in accordance with the legal provisions regarding height and appearance.



General Questions

We bring your individual dream home to life in some of the best locations in and around Vienna. We build exclusively designed detached houses, semi-detached houses, terraced houses, villas, and apartments according to your vision.



Our website contains an overview of the projects we currently have under the respective sections for apartments, houses, and villas. The "Search project" function enables you to search on a map with a clear overview of where each one is located. If you cannot found a suitable project among the ones that are currently ongoing, we will be happy to inform you about other projects that are currently at the planning stage.



Glorit will be happy to put you in touch with our partner banks.



A building management company is always commissioned for apartment buildings and for houses with four dwellings or more. It is responsible for managing and billing the running costs and creating reserves. Other tasks include collecting and paying charges, monitoring the condition of the building, supervising the cleaning of the building, representing the owners’ association vis-à-vis third parties such as the authorities, summoning the general meeting of apartment owners, which is held at least every two years, and providing ongoing information to the owners.



One of the owners must agree to act as addressee for any invoices and then charge the running costs on to the other owners.



A communal area of a property is intended for general use, e.g. staircase, corridor, façade, lift, access road or the communal garden. If there are no regulations in place for their use, every apartment owner has the equal right to use these communal areas.



The Vienna Tree Protection Act [Wiener Baumschutzgesetz] stipulates that felled trees need to be replaced. An official notice indicates the trees that need to be planted. The responsible department is MA 42. Glorit handles these matters directly.